As a Christian school, Sekolah Pelita Harapan was founded based on the acknowledgement that “fear of the LORD is the beginning of all wisdom” (Proverbs 9:10).
It is our commitment to stay true to our foundational beliefs that are grounded in the Holy Scripture.
Our Statement of Faith conforms to the longstanding tradition of Reformed Evangelical theology with the commitment to submit to the Bible’s authority and uphold Christ’s preeminence.
- We believe that the Bible, with 66 books written by God’s people inspired by the Holy Spirit, is a God-given revelation about Himself and His redemptive work.
- We believe in the Triune God: God the Father, the Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. They are one in substance, equal in glory, and have existed throughout eternity.
- We believe in God the Father, the Creator of all things, and our Provider who sustains all things. He perfectly planned both the beginning and end of time, including our salvation through Jesus Christ.
- We believe in Jesus Christ who was incarnated into this world and supernaturally conceived by the Holy Spirit to live in perfect obedience, be crucified for our sins, and be resurrected from the dead. At the end of time, Jesus will return as King to judge both the living and the dead.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, also known as the Helper, whose primary work is to reveal God’s truth, illuminate minds to understand and believe God’s plan in salvation, give regeneration in the hearts of sinners, and sanctify God’s elect.
- We believe in the total depravity of humankind wherein humans are born with sin, hence the need for salvation by God’s grace and through Jesus Christ alone. Through Christ’s redemptive works, those who believe in Him atone from their sins and gain eternal life.
- We believe the Church, as the body of Christ, consists of the elect who are drawn by God and believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The church community is essential in the lives of believers as we are called to grow in faith, and serve and love one another.